Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,
- 2Should not the multitude of words be answered? and should a man full of talk be justified?
- 3Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?
- 4For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.
- 5But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;
- 6And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth.
- 7Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?
- 8It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?
- 9The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
- 10If he cut off, and shut up, or gather together, then who can hinder him?
- 11For he knoweth vain men: he seeth wickedness also; will he not then consider it?
- 12For vain men would be wise, though man be born like a wild ass's colt.
- 13If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;
- 14If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.
- 15For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:
- 16Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:
- 17And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday: thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning.
- 18And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.
- 19Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee afraid; yea, many shall make suit unto thee.
- 20But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost.