Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1But Job answered and said,
- 2How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
- 3How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?
- 4To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?
- 5Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.
- 6Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
- 7He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
- 8He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
- 9He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.
- 10He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
- 11The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
- 12He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.
- 13By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
- 14Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?