Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
- 2As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
- 3All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
- 4My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
- 5God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
- 6My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
- 7Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.
- 8For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?
- 9Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
- 10Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?
- 11I will teach you by the hand of God: that which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.
- 12Behold, all ye yourselves have seen it; why then are ye thus altogether vain?
- 13This is the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage of oppressors, which they shall receive of the Almighty.
- 14If his children be multiplied, it is for the sword: and his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
- 15Those that remain of him shall be buried in death: and his widows shall not weep.
- 16Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare raiment as the clay;
- 17He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.
- 18He buildeth his house as a moth, and as a booth that the keeper maketh.
- 19The rich man shall lie down, but he shall not be gathered: he openeth his eyes, and he is not.
- 20Terrors take hold on him as waters, a tempest stealeth him away in the night.
- 21The east wind carrieth him away, and he departeth: and as a storm hurleth him out of his place.
- 22For God shall cast upon him, and not spare: he would fain flee out of his hand.
- 23Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.