Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
- 2The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
- 3For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
- 4The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
- 5His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
- 6He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.
- 7His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
- 8He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.
- 9He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
- 10He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.
- 11He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.
- 12Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.
- 13Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.
- 14Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless.
- 15Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.
- 16The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.
- 17LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
- 18To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.