Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
- 2Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.
- 3Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:
- 4Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD.
- 5For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.
- 6Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
- 7Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
- 8For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
- 9Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.