Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
- 2The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
- 3The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
- 4I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
- 5Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?
- 6And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
- 7All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
- 8An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
- 9Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
- 10But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
- 11By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
- 12And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
- 13Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.