Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
- 2Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.
- 3Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.
- 4And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
- 5Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.
- 6Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
- 7Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- 8All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.
- 9Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.
- 10Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
- 11So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.
- 12And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.
- 13The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
- 14She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
- 15With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
- 16Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.
- 17I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.