Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
- 2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
- 3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
- 4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
- 5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
- 6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
- 7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- 8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
- 9Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
- 10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
- 11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
- 12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
- 13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
- 14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
- 15O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
- 16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
- 17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
- 18Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
- 19Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.