Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
- 2When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.
- 3The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
- 4I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:
- 5Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.
- 6For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
- 7But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
- 8For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
- 9But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
- 10All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.