Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
- 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
- 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
- 4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
- 5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
- 6But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
- 7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
- 8Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
- 9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
- 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
- 12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
- 13Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
- 14And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
- 15Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
- 16What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
- 17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
- 18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
- 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
- 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.