Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
- 2If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
- 3Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
- 4For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
- 5When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
- 6Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
- 7For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
- 8In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
- 9But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
- 10Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
- 11And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
- 12Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
- 13Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
- 14Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
- 15And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
- 16And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
- 17Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
- 18And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- 19Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
- 20Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
- 21Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
- 22Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
- 23Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;
- 24And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
- 25Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.