Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.
- 2Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
- 3And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
- 4Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- 5No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
- 6And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
- 7The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
- 8Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
- 9Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
- 10Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
- 11Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- 12It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
- 13If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
- 14If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
- 15Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
- 16Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- 17But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
- 18And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
- 19Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
- 20Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
- 21But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
- 22If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
- 23Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- 24But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
- 25And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
- 26In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;