Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
- 2This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- 3For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- 4Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
- 5Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- 6Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
- 7For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
- 8Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- 9Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
- 10But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
- 11But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
- 12Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
- 13Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
- 14But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
- 15But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
- 16And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- 17All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: