Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
- 2I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
- 3Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
- 4For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- 5And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
- 6But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
- 7For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
- 8I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
- 9Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
- 10Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me:
- 11For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
- 12Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
- 13And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
- 14The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
- 15Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
- 16Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
- 17At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
- 18Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
- 19And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- 20Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
- 21Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.
- 22Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.