Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1For our God is a consuming fire.
- 2Let brotherly love continue.
- 3Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
- 4Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
- 5Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
- 6Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
- 7So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
- 8Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
- 9Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
- 10Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
- 11We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
- 12For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
- 13Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
- 14Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
- 15For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
- 16By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
- 17But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
- 18Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
- 19Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.
- 20But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.
- 21Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
- 22Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- 23And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words.
- 24Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.
- 25Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.