Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- 2For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
- 3Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
- 4And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
- 5And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
- 6So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
- 7As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
- 8Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
- 9Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
- 10And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
- 11Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
- 12Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
- 13For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
- 14For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.