Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
- 2The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
- 3Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
- 4Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
- 5And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
- 6Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
- 7Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
- 8Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- 9Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- 10Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- 11But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
- 12To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- 13By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.
- 14The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.