Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
- 2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
- 3LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!
- 4Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
- 5Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
- 6Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
- 7Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;
- 8Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
- 9I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
- 10It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
- 11Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
- 12That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:
- 13That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:
- 14That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.
- 15Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.