Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- 2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
- 3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
- 4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- 5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- 6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- 7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
- 8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
- 9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
- 10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- 11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
- 12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- 13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
- 14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- 15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- 16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.