Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
- 2Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
- 3If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
- 4He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
- 5As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
- 6In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
- 7Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:
- 8But if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity.
- 9Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
- 10Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.