Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
- 2Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
- 3Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 4Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- 5According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
- 6Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
- 7To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
- 8In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
- 9Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
- 10Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
- 11That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
- 12In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
- 13That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
- 14In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
- 15Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- 16Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
- 17Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
- 18That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
- 19The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- 20And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
- 21Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
- 22Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
- 23And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,