Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
- 2I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
- 3For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
- 4For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
- 5Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
- 6For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
- 7Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
- 8Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
- 9I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
- 10In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
- 11But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
- 12Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
- 13But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- 14For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
- 15And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.