Back to Top
Version: King James Edition - English
- 1And Job answered and said,
- 2No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you.
- 3But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?
- 4I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.
- 5He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.
- 6The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and they that provoke God are secure; into whose hand God bringeth abundantly.
- 7But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
- 8Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
- 9Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
- 10In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
- 11Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat?
- 12With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.
- 13With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
- 14Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.
- 15Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.
- 16With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.
- 17He leadeth counsellors away spoiled, and maketh the judges fools.
- 18He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loins with a girdle.
- 19He leadeth princes away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty.
- 20He removeth away the speech of the trusty, and taketh away the understanding of the aged.
- 21He poureth contempt upon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mighty.
- 22He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.
- 23He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.
- 24He taketh away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way.
- 25They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.